Chewing Gum Facts
People forever enjoyed in the world of gum. Even thousands of year ago people chewed gum in some natural form. As the time passed, many experiments were carried with ingridients of chewing gums.
Today chewing gums come in a variety of shapes and flavors. Spearmint and peppermint are the most popular flavors of chewing gum today. There are various types of gums available in market used for different purpose. There are also many brands of chewing gums.
What types of chewing gum exist today and what types were popular in ancient times? What are the most popular brands of chewing gums? What about gum in school? What are the benefits and potential health risks of gum chewing?
Did you ever wonder how chewing gum was invented, what was the first chewing gum and where chewing gum originally came from? Read all about chewing gum and bubble gum history!
Why chewing gum doesn't dissolve in our mouth? What are the basic ingredients for chewing gum? What is the process of making chewing gum? Can you make chewing gum at home?
Do you know these facts about chewing gums?
- The world’s oldest piece of chewing gum is 9000 years old!
- The average person chews over 300 sticks of gum each year!
- In the beginning, chewing gums were made only by hand! Today almost all gums are made by machine.
- Most chewing gum is purchased between Halloween and Christmas.
- Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
- Humans are the only animals on earth that chew gum.
- Many dentists now widely recommend chewing sugar free gum to their patients.
If you want to learn a little more about chewing gum, read all our articles!